The Bytown Advantage
What are the advantages of playing with the Bytown Dodgers Baseball Club?
- Our teams play in the OBA rep program, designed to help players develop skills that will take them to elite level teams and beyond.
- Our focus is player development; we begin with winter training in indoor training facilities that develop skills in batting, pitching and fielding. As soon as fields are available we move outside and continue this training with more emphasis on situational drills.
- Our teams are headed by professional coaches with experience both playing and coaching baseball. Although there may be instances where a qualified parent coach serves as an assistant on the field, the Bytown Dodgers Baseball Club policy for rep teams is that the head coach cannot be a parent of any player on the team.
- For 2020 we are implementing a new model where an experienced non-parent head coach will be supported by NCCP-trained assistant coaches. All coaches will also participate in training activities led by professional coaches and trainers in partnership with Roch Seguin and the Capital City Reds. This mixed model is designed to develop baseball skills before the season start, and build a coaching team that is familiar with the training program and the drills that can be run to reinforce these skills.
- Coaches will be selected and trained to instill a positive, supportive team spirit, where players take responsibility for their actions on and off the field and work together to create the best Bytown Dodgers team possible.